Friday 19 June 2015

What you should know about your eyeliners (Eyeliner series 2)

Hello everyone.Hope you are all well? I started an eyeliner series for my newbie/professionals :D so I am back again with a few things you should know about eye liners.I want to keep this as simple and quick as possible. Enjoy.

 Shelf life
Try as much as possible not to use any eye product for too long, eyeliners and mascara should be on the shelf for six month tops.To avoid keeping them for so long try investing in one brand at a time or give out eyeliners that you do not find yourself using or else you will have different brands that will not be exhausted in six months leading to wastage because you have to discard it(trust me I know).

Is sharing always caring?
Minimize how you share your eyeliners.I know on a girls night out while getting ready we love to try out each others make up but let the boundary be your eye liners, they are fertile ground for breeding bacteria and you can get eye infections just by swapping used eye liner.

Be vigilant
Always check the contents of any eye liner products you buy. Even if contents are safe but you still experience discomfort in your eyes after usage of a certain eye product(or any make up) discard immediately. I have had the worse itch and irritations from good eye products, though I had to take my time and use one eye product at a time from the ones I use on a daily basis to see which gave me allergies it was worth it,it ended up been a drugstore mascara which I discontinued immediately.Also if your client complains about irritation,stop use of product immediately. Always go for ophthalmologist tested eye products i.e products that have been tested on many customers including contact lens wearers and are deemed safe for use around the eye.

Breeding ground
I know many of you reading this one will roll your eyes and laugh but truth is as much as possible reduce the use of eyeliners on the waterline and tightlining too. Yes ,it seems impossible even for me too but that is one of the best eye health advice I can give for the long run. Eye liners especially pencils can breed bacteria easily and constant use in the eyes can dim ones eyes and have long term effects.I did not say do not waterline or tightline at all o! even for me it was hard but I am doing it, all I am saying is just minimize it, bring it down a notch , I am just saying if you do not need to line the eyes because you have some fleeked (if thats a word) eyeshadow going on then don't,your eyes will thank you for it. Go for regular eye check up as often as you can and take lots of carrots and stuff that are proven good for the eyes.

Shine bright
Brighten up your eyes with a swipe of white or gold eyeliner on the waterline to brighten them up and make them look bigger or dab some gold/silver eyeshadow on the tear duct for a fresh dazzling look. Take a thin brush and gently pat some translucent powder on the waterline(be very careful) before applying gelliner,this keeps then in place for long and keeps it from travelling south.

Go waterproof
If you want long lasting the best bet is to go waterproof. Most people don't like water proof make up because its hard to take off,literally! you have to tug and pull,scratch kick and tear!okay I am been very dramatic :p. With a good eye make up remover and a cotton pad is enough to take up most waterproof make up, take a cotton swab soak in make up remover and remove eye liner that are stuck in the waterline and lashes.

 tighlining aka invisible liner: This is a beauty trick that makes the lashes look fuller and longer even without mascara making the eyes look bigger giving the illusion of no eye make up. Instead of lining your eyelid before the lashes , go underneath instead.Basically,instead of lining down as usual you just line up!. Raise your upper lid,look down and line the waterline with a brush or soft pencil.Use the pencil and go back and forth just where the roots of the lashes meets the rim/waterline,repeat till the area is dark enough for you, stop just before the inner corner of the eye (where your lashes become sparse or where the lashes stop being full) to avoid getting beady eyes. Never use liquid liner for tightlining unless you are a pro pro (see how I used two pros there). Use a soft gel liner or mechanical pencil (waterproof ones are the best option) so you have little or no speckles of products getting into the eyes.Clean up any excess with a cotton swab and make up remover or just smudge it out.


waterline: the wet line of skin that leads to the tearduct. Usually the soft skin right before the skin where the roots of the lashes are.It is basically where tears form when you want to cry or putting liner.

Thank you for reading.xoxo
Jeremiah 32:27 : Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment